Friday, January 11, 2008

2 for the price of 1


I live in Willow Grove, and there is pretty much nothing ever to do. It is always a debate as to what to do, without having to drive a half hour and use ten dollars in gas. We usually wind up going to the movies, because that is pretty much the only night-life Willow Grove possesses. I strategically pick Tuesday to go to the movies because that is when Regal Warrington Crossing Theater has their free popcorn night when you present your Regal club card. Those evil con-artists get you on the drinks though. That is okay though because I get my girlfriend to bring her grandmom purse and fill it with drinks and munchies. I loove when the movie hits a silent moment, and I open my can of soda and the sound of the can opening echoes throughout the theater. I just chuckle to myself everytime.

Before I go to the movies I check online for their showtimes. I like going around 7:00pm after I eat dinner. I pick a movie and see how long it runs for and add 15 minutes for previews. Since the cost to see a movie was raised to $10 for adult, I see two movies for the price of one. So I scroll down the page and find another attracting movie that begins when my first movie ends. If the showtimes don't cooperate, I pick better showtimes so that it works.
The hard part is whenyour first movie lets out. You have to search for what theater your next movie is in, without looking suspicious. So what you do is send the gf to the bathroom and walk around whistling looking for your next movie. Even after you do that you can't go into the movie. You see, minimum people go to the movies at 9pm on a tuesday night. So if no one buys tickets to that showtime, they wont play the movie. So if you take a seat in that theater with no ticket, and you are the only ones, and when the cleaning crew comes in, you're screwed and you better have your Nike's on. To prevent this, I usually schedule the later movie to be a more popular one that people are more likely to go to. I wait outside the second movie until someone else goes in. That way I know someone bought tickets to the show and I'm in the clear. Unless they are pulling the same stunt I am. Then you sit back, relax and crack another soda open just as the movie begins to play.

1 comment:

Bill Dobbins said...

The crime rate went down when the kid moved out of town!